Austin to Boston
Label: Real West Productions
Around The Barn
Live Radio Interview
Saturday, September 28, 2013
KHTS 1220 AM
9-10 AM (PST)
Streams live www.hometownstation.com
R.W. Hampton's warm baritone voice brings us his latest CD, Austin to Boston.
From the Publisher:
Austin To Boston is the 12th album of new material by the award-winning cowboy artist and arguably his most eagerly anticipated. Prior to the album's release, the first European focus track, "Cowboy's Prayer", debuted at #2 on the UK Hotdisc Top 40 chart and quickly rose to #1, where it enjoyed a three-week reign. In April of 2011, R.W was honored by the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum for the song "Shortgrass" as this year's Western Heritage Award winner for Outstanding Original Western Composition.
Hampton recorded Austin To Boston in Los Angeles with Joe Diblasi as producer, engineer and arranger, and Gary Bright as executive producer. Drawing from their extensive contacts, Hampton was able to record with some of the finest studio musicians working today, including Grammy Award-winning dobro player Al Perkins, bagpiper Eric Rigler, who played Irish whistle on Celine Dion's Grammy winning "My Heart Will Go On" from the movie Titanic, steel player extraordinaire Jay Dee Maness from the Desert Rose Band and legendary accordionist Frank Marocco.
1. Back Home (Jerry Landsdowne, AJ Masters)
2. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Freddie Mercury)
3. Cowboy's Prayer (Tim Bays, Jim Daddirio)
4. Dream On Little Dreamer (Tony Hoylen, David A. Stewart)
5. Danny Boy (Traditional/Arranged by R.W. Hampton)
6. Drifting Again (Tim Bays, Bobby King, Ellen Britton)
7. Lady (R.W. Hampton)
8. Wherever You Are (Eddie Snyder, Richard Snyder)
9. Rodeo Man (Colter Hampton, R.W. Hampton)
10. You Don't Know Me (Eddy Arnold, Cindy Walker)
11. Job For A Cowboy (Joe Beck, Bill Shore, David Wills)
12. Kansas (William Thornbury, Dave Moordigian)
13. Home (Alan Chang, Michael Buble, Amy Foster-Gillies)
14. Shortgrass (R.W. Hampton)
Podcasts of Live Radio Interviews on "Around The Barn" with R. W. Hampton:
July 7, 2012 It's All About Singer/Songwriter R.W. Hampton and "Horses for Heroes"
R.W. Hampton calls in from New Mexico, we catch up with him as he heads into CA for upcoming performances. Host Nancy Pitchford shares more about "Horses for Heroes," a cause very close to R.W.'s heart.
Podcast of live radio interview with R.W. recorded on November 17, 2011 at the Western Music Association Conference
Later that night he was inducted into the Western Music Association Hall of Fame.